- On 26 and 27 april last, the closing conference of the CULTIVATE project took place at the Tate Modern in London. For a full report, click here.
- In the past three years CIER has been part of the HERA/CULTIVATE project, a research collaboration between the universities of Copenhagen, Uppsala, London, Iceland and Utrecht. From 26 to 28 April 2013 the final Cultivate Conference will be held in London. We are very proud to announce that on 26 and 27 April Tate Modern will host our public event “Copyrighting creativity: creative values, cultural heritage institutions and systems of intellectual property“.
- On October 3rd 2012, (Cultivate-)CIER and the Europa Institute organised a symposium on the theme Public Private Partnerships (PPS) and Innovation in new sectors, which was chaired by Prof. dr. Madeleine de Cock Buning. Keynote speaker was Prof. dr. Willem Vermeend. Lucky Belder presented on PPS and Cultural Heritage Institutions (in Dutch). See the conference report here (in Dutch)
- From 19 March to 6 April Lucky Belder and Hayyan ulHaq represented Cultivate@Cier in Indonesia, where they led and contributed to several meetings, workshops and conferences. See for a snapshot of their activities the section Cultivate in Indonesia.
- European libraries, collecting societies, authors and publishers have signed a Memorandum of Understanding on key principles that will provide European libraries and other cultural institutions with instruments for digitisation and online publishing of out-of-commerce books and articles in journals which form part of their collections.
- During the NL: Cultivate Progress Meeting, Madeleine de Cock Buning will give a public lecture on Web 2.0 & The Copyright Debate. Date, time and Location: 29 October, 17.00 – 28.00, LLOYD-Hotel Amsterdam.
- On May 26th, a delegation from the South Sulawesi Provincial Government and Hasanuddin University visited the Centre for Intellectual Property Law.
An expert-meeting in which new ideas and practices regarding the safeguarding of (Indonesian) cultural heritage were discussed formed part of the program. View the short report here (Hayyan ul Haq)
- ‘A new republic of letters?’ a CULTIVATE Seminar on the Digitazation of Cultural Heritage will take place in Copenhagen from 14 June 2011
- The New Renaissance
Report of the ‘Comité des Sages’, reflection group on bringing Europe’s cultural heritage online.
- The first CULTIVATE workshop took place in Stockholm, Sweden from September 29 to October 1, 2010.
- The HERA JRP conference on Data Curation and Web Presence took place on 21 – 22 october in Dublin.
- The annual progress meeting took place in Amsterdam, from 26 October to 1 November 2011.